HI! Happy Saturday. I told Brian this morning that the days seem to be running together more and more. Maybe it's the drugs, I am not sure. lol I wanted to write you an update and I apologize for not writing sooner. It has been a crazy couple of days but God has been so good. He has kept me allergic reaction free and the symptoms that I get from the medication fighting the Lyme Disease have been tolerable. I will walk you through the last couple of days.
Wednesday was the big day! We started the large doses of antibiotics. I was SO nervous but God gave me peace and I knew this was a means to an end. I tolerated both the amoxicillin and biaxin well. My stomach handled it well too, which we were concerned about because of my issues in the last couple of weeks. Now you might think, these are just two antibiotics and how can you get sick from taking them. Well, putting about 4000mg of it in your system and then having the Lyme Disease fight back, made Wednesday and Thursday were kind of rough days. I experienced a lot of joint/bone/muscle (not sure which, just knew it hurt), headaches, nausea and dizziness. I could tell it was fighting something, that is for sure! Since I didn't take any meds on Thursday (we do every other day for 5 days), by the evening I could tolerate being up and around for about 15 to 30min.
Friday was med day again. This day was a bit better as I think my system is adjusting to the medication. I still didn't feel the greatest, but I was able to function more until the last dose of amoxicillin late in the night. This morning I woke up w/ shooting pains down my arms and legs and hurt to walk. As I make posts about our journey in the future, you will see that Lyme Disease symptoms cover a lot of categories and they are pretty random from one day to the next especially when you are fighting the disease. I am in bed as I type this just waiting for my meds (that make me sleepy and help w/ nerve pain) to kick in. No antibiotics for me today so it's a recovery day.
Tomorrow (Sunday) is our last day of antibiotics for this round. We actually have to add one more called Flagyl. This type of medication is to break the cysts that the lyme disease bacteria takes up residence in so that the antibiotics are more effective. We are not sure what to expect while we add this to the mix. I have never taken this medication before so we shall see. Then I am off for two weeks before we do the whole thing over. Tuesday, I will have to get blood drawn to check all my levels and make sure my liver enzymes are not elevated from the treatment. I have a phone appointment with my doctor on October 12th where he will probably adjust my meds and make me take the antibiotics more regularly.
We also have an update on Brian's job search. He had an interview yesterday with the Arizona Audit General and it went very well. It seems like this job is a perfect fit for him and what he would like to do. They said they would let him know in about two weeks as they have to do about 4 to 5 more interviews. We are really praying for God's will in this. It would be SO nice to get this cemented for him so that he won't have to worry about fitting interviews in with his busy schedule. He does have a school function on Sept. 17th called Meet the Firms. This is where all the accounting firms and corporate organizations come and talk to accounting students during a meet and greet time. Interviews for open positions soon follow.
So that leaves us w/ our current prayer requests. Thank you so much for all of your encouragement and prayer support. It was such a wonderful blessing to receive those messages on facebook. Please keep praying for this last round of medication. Pray that I will stay reaction free and that I will be able to tolerate it. Please also pray that when my labs come back that everything will be normal and that my liver enzymes will not be elevated. This is vitally important so that we can continue with treatment in the future. Please also be praying for Brian's job. Pray that God will guide and direct Brian as to what interviews he should accept and that He will open the door to an accounting position in Tucson after he graduates in December.
Well, that is our update for now. I will make a post early this coming week after we get done w/ our meds on Sunday. Thanks again for praying. God is using them in a mighty way!! Cont. below...
I know I have had this post up for a couple of hours, but I wanted to add this video as it spoke so much to me. This journey has been long for us and sometimes difficult spiritually as we struggle to grasp God's plan for us, however when we stop and look around at those who suffer much greater in our world today, we feel blessed in our present circumstance. Everything we do and in all our circumstances our focus needs to be "For God's Glory". It's a good reminder for us as we believe God for my healing and as we begin on this new path. I wanted to post this video as it spoke to my heart and it's a good reminder of what our true mission is until Christ returns or we are taken home to be with Him. Remember, you will have to hit pause on my music player so you won't have that playing at the same time as the video. :)
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading our blog! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like. We would love to hear from you! God Bless!