Hey Everyone!
Sorry there has been such a gap in posting. It's been busy for us, but I wanted to make sure I gave everyone an update. Praise the Lord my Dad is doing SO much better. He is still having IV treatment at home and they aren't sure for how long that will go, however we are so thankful his arm is healing. Yay God!
Health-wise, I (Dawn) am doing good. The farther we get away from treatment, the better I feel. Oh the irony of that. I am still sick, it's just that the Lyme Disease isn't battling with the antibiotics so my symptoms are not as severe. We haven't seen a change in my allergies or sensitivities, but then again, we have just started treatment and are on the slow track. My next treatment is next week starting on Wednesday. It will be the same dosing pattern as the last time going Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and then two weeks off again. On Oct. 12th, I have a phone appointment with my doctor. At that point, we will talk about our plan for the upcoming months.
School for me is going well. It has not been difficult to manage at all. Big news for me is that I have a job. Now it's a bit crazy, but I am willing to do everything I can to not have to go back to my old position working customer service for the credit card company. It was WAY to stressful and the pressure they put us under to meet our metrics each week was insane. Knowing that I had to start working part-time in January (that has been our plan), I have been applying to places. Well, last week I received a call offering a part-time job teaching English to Korean children (South Korea). The crazy part is it's from 10pm to 2pm my time. That sounds crazy, but actually I feel like the Lord has prepared me for that work schedule. For the last 3 to 4 months, I haven't been able to fall asleep until 2 or 3am. My schedule is flexible enough that I can sleep in until noon to make up for the lack of sleep at night. I am really excited! I love teaching. It's actually a program that the entire South Korean government is implementing and there have been 9 teachers hired so far. They told us that we will be constantly monitored by the government (nerve wracking, lol) and that this is the largest online English program implementation that any country has ever done in the world. It's fun to be a part of something so big! We had to weigh our decision as we weren't sure if I could handle one more thing on top of treatment. However, after praying about it, we decided to let me try as it is only 4 hours a night, Sun-Thurs, and I have the option of only working 3 hours. My first classes are Sunday night and I would definitely appreciate your prayers!
Brian is deep into the application/interview process for accounting jobs with our hope that he can obtain one by January. He has had one interview that went very well and he has been told he is a strong candidate. Last night he went to "Meet the Firms" and he met many recruiters who were extremely interested in Brian and his resume/experience. We are just praying God will make His will clear, especially if there has to be a move involved. We are pretty limited in what would work for us, however we don't want to limit God. The next 1 1/2 months will be extremely busy and filled with interviews. Timing is important as it will be hard for Brian to travel if I am in the middle of one of my treatment weeks. If you would please pray that God would guide and direct Brian to the perfect job and that the details would fall into place, we would appreciate it!
That is all for now. We will update towards the end of next week with how treatment is going. Hope you are having a wonderful September. I can't believe Fall is almost here!! Stay warm!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





We love you guys. Will pray for clarity in decision process and good timing.
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad D
Hello Dawn
ReplyDeleteHOpe you are doing well and things are going uphill with your NAET treatments. What an exciting opportunity for you to teach English...
Thanks for stopping by my blog before....May God continue to bring healing to you both.