Monday, April 18, 2011

Not common!

Hey all! This will be quick. I need to get to bed because I feel cruddy again, but I wanted to write a short update to ask you to pray. I am sure the title has you interested. Well, those of you who know me, already know that the way my body responds to things is "not common". In fact, I hear that all the time from doctors. Thankfully, in the Lyme world, I have heard it less, but it still pops up every once in awhile.

As you know, I had my port surgery last week on Wednesday. Ever since that time, I have been running low grade fevers between 99 and 100 degrees. This is VERY unusual because I don't ever run fevers. In fact, the last time I ran a fever was when I got the respiratory flu in 2003. That should give you quite a picture. Even with all of my Lyme symptoms, a low grade fever has not been one of them. In fact, most of the time my body temp hovers around 97.8 to 98.1 thanks to Lyme Disease. So, this is pretty abnormal for me.

On Friday, I was concerned because this didn't happen after I got the port in. I called the place where I had my procedure and was connected directly to one of the PA's. She said that this was "not common" after a port removal. In fact, she hadn't heard of this happening. She asked me if the site was red or inflamed and it was not (it still isn't). She suggested that maybe I just came down with something and to just watch my symptoms to see if I get a fever over 100 degrees and closer to 101 degrees. Well, I have never reached that level. I have body aches, nausea and a low grade fever off and on, but it never escalates. I am already on antibiotics, so I would think it would knock out any infection unless I am on the wrong one. Over the weekend, I just chalked it up to Lyme.

Well, now it's late Monday night and my lovely low grade fever friend is back again. This is pretty crazy. I wouldn't usually think twice of this except I just had an outpatient procedure done last week, and the timing of when it started was that evening. So, what to do?! This is not the week to have to do anything as I am slammed with homework.

So, if you could just be praying for a miracle, and that I start to feel better. It's hard to do Lyme treatment on top of this because you have no idea if it's a result of the disease or something else is going on. We would appreciate prayers for wisdom. The rest of the week, when I feel okay, I am going to be drowning in homework, so unless something major happens, I will be posting towards the beginning of next week. Thanks for the prayers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading our blog! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like. We would love to hear from you! God Bless!