Well, it was another night of only 3 hours of sleep. This time, instead of fighting it, I decided to watch some movies. I had a much better time than stressing because I am so tired, and knowing my body needs sleep, but it just won't. The good news is that once again, by Sunday evening this past week, I was sleeping through the night and the pattern continued until Friday. That is a gift, so I hopefully it will continue. Thank you for your prayers!!
Brian actually had to go to Phoenix on a last-minute business trip on Thursday morning. So, it was just Toby and I for about 24 hours. We made it! :) That probably seems dumb, but I was taking the evil drug (Rifampin) which brings some terrible side effects. However, I was able to successfully make it through the whole time without having anything scary happen. That was a blessing since Brian was a couple of hours away. We think the next time he has a trip is a 4 day training session in June. The longer periods that he is away are harder. Can you imagine all the prep that has to be done before he leaves? I can't really leave my house and definitely can't cook my own food at this point (I react to the food cooking) and go shopping if I need something...lots of planning ahead. However, I have one AMAZING husband who takes care of me so well. I don't know what I'd do without Him, and I am one thankful wife. Jesus definitely knew what kind of man of God I needed when He handpicked Brian to be my husband. Thank you Lord!
The last couple of days have been pretty difficult. I wouldn't say I have had an over abundance of horrible symptoms, but maybe that makes it worse. I still feel sick, but not sick enough to keep me from thinking or more like stewing. :P I think it was a combination of things. I am turning 31 tomorrow, and it's hard to look at our life and see how different it is from what we assumed it would be. Brian and I had always been the couple who wanted kids pretty quick after we got married. We were both teachers and taught the 3 and 4 year old Sunday School class when we were dating. We loved hanging out with the families that had kids at our church. Children brought so much joy to our lives. Sometimes, we would take our friends' kids to a movie or out to eat just for fun! I always felt like I was made for teaching and to be a Mom; however, life took an unexpected turn and now we are here. I am getting older by the day and still sick. Also, we have that decision to make if I do get well whether we want to take that chance of possibly passing on Lyme and all the co-infections to our children. It's a lot to swallow.
So, to explain my title...on Friday morning, I just broke. I had one of those "heart to heart" venting sessions with God. In the last year, it has been an uphill battle to fight to "keep the faith" when everything looks so dark around us all the time. It seems when Brian and I start to make some headway, we just get knocked down again. Not the, oh we hit a little bump in the road...nope it's usually like everything crashes around us. I really don't know why the enemy thinks we are so special to always want to hit us from every side, but boy oh boy is the battle real. I spent time Friday just pouring my heart out before the Lord and crying my eyes out. I kept listening to the song that I posted last week by Laura Story called "Blessings". It just hits home on so many levels. That song describes our journey exactly. All of our feelings, thoughts, and struggles are described in those lyrics. I praise God for that song! I didn't have any "ah-ha" moments during my venting time, but it was just good to be honest with the Lord about my feelings. I think I try to hold everything in and have the "good Christian attitude" all the time because that is what I am supposed to do. However, our Lord is real and He wants us to come to him with everything even if it's to express anger and frustration. I did feel a lot better after journaling and reading the word. A verse that stuck out to me was...
"BE MERCIFUL and gracious to me, O God, be merciful and gracious to me, for my soul takes refuge and finds shelter and confidence in You; yes, in the shadow of Your wings will I take refuge and be confident until calamities and destructive storms are passed. I will cry to God Most High, Who performs on my behalf and rewards me [who brings to pass His purposes for me and surely completes them]!" ~Psalm 57:1-2 Amplified Bible
I have to tell you that later that day, I did receive 2 requests for job interviews and also an e-mail I had been waiting on from my current boss who said she could train me for another tutoring program so I can get more hours. So, God was listening, and I saw His "blessings" unfold before my eyes.
I don't want this post to be a discouragement. I want it to encourage you to know that we serve a God who cares about all of our feelings, not just the good ones. So, no matter what you are going through, run to God. Seek Him first, and I pray with all of my heart that His "blessings" will abound.





Thanks for this post! My heart goes out to you and Brian - may the peace and strength of Jesus surround you.
ReplyDeleteI like the Amplified Bible as well - here is another passage from 2 Thess 2: 16-17:
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, Who loved us and gave us everlasting consolation and encouragement and well-founded hope through [His] grace (unmerited favor), comfort and encourage your hearts and strengthen them [make them steadfast and keep them unswerving] in every good work and word.
I'll keep praying for you guys!
May your birthday be a meaningful and joyous day in Christ.
Hi Dawn! I want you to know I think of you often and pray for you!! I know you have a HUGE amount on your seemingly tiny plate. But just like you know, God knows and cares!
ReplyDeleteYou never fail to inspire me!
Love, Hugs, and Prayers!!
<3 <3 <3
Lynnelle
I hear myself in a lot of what you say. I hope things start looking better for treatment and health!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Dawn, You and Brian are continually in my prayers. I think of you every day .. . the Lord is hearing and answering your prayers. May the Lord comfort you and bring peace to your heart. He loves you so much!
ReplyDeleteHi Dawn,
ReplyDeleteI love how you share so honestly what you're going through. I understand what you mean about being knocked down over and over. I went through the same thing, and it can be hard to describe to other people. Even now, after being in remission, I struggle with ups and downs with my health. Just this month I've had to start treatment for Bartonella from Cat Scratch Fever from a friend's cat. (P.S. I don't know how you tolerate Rifampin! You are such a brave woman. I had to stop after 5 days!)
But you're absolutely right - it's the enemy attacking, and God's hand will keep you safe! I was healed, I expect Him to heal me again, and I know He can heal you too! Even if sometimes it's a long road of ups and downs. Thanks for sharing your honesty and your faith. I'll continue to pray for both of you, and I know the Lord will deliver you from all of this pain. Blessings!