Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 4 ~ Tired :)

Well, this week's update will be short. I know sometimes I say that and then I go on and on, but it's Sunday evening at 9pm and I just got done with a long treatment week and a big graduate project (that I didn't start until today and it was do this evening...yay for procrastination!!!). :) Oh, and did I mention I have to get up at 5:45am to start another week of daily infusions in Phoenix? Sounds like fun huh! I bet you want to trade places with me. :)

Let's see if I can remember what happened this past week...The only thing that changed was that we started doing morning and evening infusions of the antibiotic Rocephin.  I handled it pretty well with no allergic reactions.  Praise the Lord!  Towards the end of the week, I could tell it was working. I was exhausted, achy and had an eternal headache with head pressure.  Oh, and the lovely Lyme Disease nausea was back, but manageable. So, all in all, I was thankful.  We have really learned to balance my medication during my infusions, so we can hold off any allergic reactions.  If I do have them, the 30min. wait time works and when I start them again, I tolerate them.  So, that was a summary of our week.  See..it's short and sweet. :)

Tomorrow, we will be adding another antibiotic to the mix.  This one is Flagyl. I am SOOOO not looking forward to this one.  I took this drug when I was on an oral antibiotic treatment protocol with my previous doctor on the East Coast.  We nicknamed it the "Evil Drug" because whenever I took it, I pretty much wanted to die.  That may sound like an exaggeration, but it really attacks the Lyme bacteria and causes a lot of unpleasant symptoms to flare.  My doctor will start me out slow, but wants me to build up to a dose of this drug 3 times a day for 4 days a week.  I have heard that IV Flagyls tends to be less intense then oral Flagyl, so I am really praying that this is the case. 

Our prayer requests for the week are....
  • Please pray that I will tolerate the addition of Flagyl and that the side effects would be minimal.
  • We have submitted our first two rounds of IV antibiotics to my insurance company.  Please pray that they will pay a portion of the bill.  It's about $245 a day, and I do it for 4 days. It would be incredible if they would cover even 50%.  However, this is where a lot of insurance companies refuse to pay because the long-term antibiotic treatment is so expensive.  We are praying that God will work a miracle.  If they refuse to pay, we will have to order our drugs from a company in Florida. I know a lot of friends have used them, but with my extreme allergies and the fact that I am tolerating the IV solutions from my doctor's office, we would prefer to get them from her. 
  • Please pray for stamina.  We are pretty tired from traveling every day.  It's also hard to keep going when we don't see huge improvements yet (we have seen small gains and praise God for them, but have yet to see huge changes).  I know we just began this journey, so I am really having to give all of this over to the Lord. I know that He will get me well in His timing, and although I would love that to happen extremely fast, I also know that He knows best. :)
  • Please keep praying for Brian and also my Mom.  Both of them are sacrificing so much to help me on this journey.  My Mom came down for about 2 1/2 weeks and then is back down here for 3 weeks.  My Dad will join her for a visit this coming weekend and then both of them will be back for a long stay around the holidays to help cover appointments.  We appreciate their willingness to help us.  Without them, I would be unable to make it to Phoenix and also Brian would be going crazy trying to take care of everything around the house.  It has been a blessing to have the help we so desperately need.
  • Please keep Brian in your prayers.  Work is getting busier and he is also trying to study for the CPA exam.  He is pretty tired from trying to balance everything including things around the house.  I am so proud of him! Please pray that God would give him an extra measure of time and strength this week.
Well, that's it for now! See, this was a shorter post....I think. :) Have a wonderful and blessed week! Happy Fall Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading our blog! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like. We would love to hear from you! God Bless!