Monday, July 13, 2009

Well, we made it to Atlanta late last night. I apologize for not blogging, but we were exhausted. I think this trip is quickly becoming "the trip w/ no sleep", lol. It seems to be our running theme. The second leg of our journey was very wet. It rained a ton and can I tell you that I do not miss humidity? :) Windows fogging up is something that we have not seen in a long time.

We arrived in Atlanta at about midnight and were praying that God would find us a hotel quickly as Brian was going on three hours of sleep. Well, we have the biggest praise of the trip. The hotel we had reserved over the internet actually worked! I am telling you that is the biggest miracle!!! I don't think we have ever had that happen. Usually it takes about 4 or 5 tries before we find a safe environment for me to stay in. All glory goes to the Lord for His mercies. Brian and I were talking about how we could compare this victory to the story about David and Goliath. David had 5 tiny stones and hit the giant on the first stone and victory was the Lord's! God gave us a list of 5 hotels and we got one on the first try! I love when God gives us those word pictures.

We also found some water that is working for me. It's not great as it still bothers me a little when I drink it, but nothing compared to the other stuff I was trying to drink. I can push through these symptoms. That is a big praise too!!! I am not feeling very well, but that is to be expected. We did get to sleep a long time which is a blessing since our next few days will give us very little.

We will be getting to bed early tonight and then will be getting up at 2:45AM to leave for SC for my appointment. It's four hours away from here and my appointment is at 8AM. It will be an early morning! If you could please pray that I make it through my appointment reaction-free. That would be incredible and we really need to spend as much time with the doctor as I can tolerate. We are just praying for a miracle that the environment would not bother me and the nurses and doctor will remember to not wear any cologne/perfume. I called them about four days ago and she said she would add it to my chart. I am just praying desperately they will see that before my appointment!

After my appointment, we will drive back to Atlanta and will leave the next morning (Wednesday) for our trip back home. We are still debating about just driving straight through and trade off driving to get back to Tucson. It's about 25 hours and it will just depend how sick I am. If I am still super reactive than we will want to get home as soon as possible. It sounds crazy, but we have done stuff like this before and sometimes you just do what you have to do. We are really leaning towards that option right now just to get me back to an environment that is better for my reactions. We shall see!

Thank you again for your prayers!!! They are really making a difference and it so wonderful to know we are covered in prayer as we walk this journey of faith. I will update our blog tomorrow when we get home from our appointment to let you know what Dr. J has to say. Blessings to all of you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a miracle that hotel #1 worked out! Praise God! Continuing to think about you lots and lift you guys up in prayer. Praying for an effective, helpful, and encouraging appointment tomorrow, with no reactions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! Good to hear you got some good sleep last night... One of the big things I prayed for. I almost called you last night around midnight to see if your drive to Atlanta was going alright but I didnt want to wake you just in case. We love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like. We would love to hear from you! God Bless!