So I didn't think I would have time to write before we go, but I have a few minutes to spare. In less than 36 hours we will begin our trip across the country to see Dr. Jemsek in SC. He is a expert in treating Lyme Disease and we have confidence that God is going to use him in amazing ways to fight this disease in my body. It seems surreal that the treatment journey is about to begin, but I am thrilled to start fighting this battle so we can gain some kind of normalcy (whatever that means, lol).
We have had a crazy 24 hours which has included buying a new dryer as our old one wasn't working for us and we needed clothes for our trip, and also watching streams of water come into our living room from leaking windows. LOL Always an adventure in our life. :)
I decided to re-copy the prayer requests for our trip in a shorter blog post since I tend to be long-winded on regular posts. Ha!
-Please pray that I will be able to tolerate the rental car with my sensitivities.
-Pray for safe travel.
-Pray that the hotel room in Iriving, Texas (our half-way point) and also the hotel in Atlanta, GA will work with us in order to provide the best environment for me to stay in. The one in TX is a bed and breakfast that I found that was recommended to us by other people with very bad chemical sensitivities. So that one, we think will be okay. However, the one in Atlanta is a regular hotel who said they would try not to spray any room deodorizer in our room. The windows also open. We are praying that with those two things, that it will be a safe place for me to stay. We won't know until we get there.
-Please pray for an extra measure of rest. We have broken the driving trip into two 15-hour days in order to avoid staying in more hotels than we have to, but we have lots of early mornings. Our schedule is as follows...
Saturday, July 11th-leave super early to begin driving to Irving, TX
Sunday, July 12th-leave TX in AM and arrive very late in Atlanta, GA
Monday, July 13th-rest and see my sis who lives in Atlanta
Tuesday, July 14th-Get up at 3AM to drive to Fort Mill, SC for 8:00AM appt.
Wednesday, July 15th-Leave GA in AM and drive to Irving, TX
Thursday, July 16th-Leave TX for HOME!!! :0)
-Pray for my appointment on July 14th with Dr. J. Please pray that his office (air fresheners, candles, perfumes/colognes etc.) won't bother me sensitivity-wise (I get so sick from them) and that I will be able to tolerate the 2-hour appointment. Please pray for Dr. J and that he will have wisdom on the kind of treatment plan he should develop for us and how to tackle my destroyed immune system that has caused me to be SO hyper-allergic to everything.
We will definitely post by Sunday night, if not sooner. We appreciate all of your prayers and support through this journey. Our family and friends mean the world to us!
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading our blog! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like. We would love to hear from you! God Bless!