Hello from TX! We are currently in Irving, TX and I honestly don't know how long this will be as it is 5:40AM and I am going on about 1 hour of sleep. It has been a rocky ride so far and we would appreciate your prayers. We ended up not being able to take the rental car as I had an allergic reaction to it. So, that delayed our start time by about 4 hours which in turn had us getting into Irving TX (our half-way point) at 2:30AM. The "losing 2 hours" is a killer w/ the time difference.
First the praise is that my outside allergens have not been that bad due to my allergy treatments we have been getting with our chiropractor. However, my system is pretty reved up with all of the other stuff I am coming to contact with on an hourly basis. In fact, it's 5:45am and I am trying to let Brian sleep as long as I can before having to leave this bed and breakfast we are staying at because the room is bothering me. I have also started having a lot of problems drinking the water that we brought. We don't know if it's the container that I put the water in or if it's just my system going crazy because of having been exposed to so many allergens. However, with either case, it's getting more difficult. If we could have everyone please pray that we find some type of water for me to drink. The water thing always seems to flare up every time my system is set off and is always such a scary thing for me. Obviously, we all know how important it is to drink water. Surprisingly, I can drink milk so I can use that in the meantime. I know it probably baffles everyone about being able to drink that but that's the Lyme Disease for you. It's super unpredictable, doesn't make sense logically and in me it causes random allergic reactions that have no rhyme or reason.
So, that would be our main and urgent prayer request. Probably the second is that we would just trust God this trip is still is His will. It's so tough when my reactions go crazy and scary for us to know that in Atlanta we will probably struggle to find somewhere safe for me to stay all the while knowing that every reaction I have makes me more sensitive, which will lead to more reactions. The place we are at right now was supposed to be good for people with chemical sensitivities but it isn't working. It's hard not to get defeated or scared. At this point, we are very tired and will have to leave this place in the next hour or so, which means driving on about 2 hours of sleep. We have about a 12 hour driving day to get to Atlanta. Please pray that God would give us an extra boost of energy as finish this leg of our journey.
We knew this trip was going to be hard, but we were hoping and praying for a miracle. God can still do that miracle and we are believing Him for it. We just need to keep walking in faith even though the easier thing to do would be to just turn around and run home. However, we want me to get well and going home would not give us the best opportunity for that to happen.
Well, I hope this update makes sense with next to no sleep! :) We will update when we get to Atlanta. Thank you for your prayers.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Dawn - I'm praying for your specific requests and for you both to get to Atlanta and have a good place to stay that won't bother your allergens.
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys! Will be praying for you to keep awake and maybe have a little fun together. :) Keep loving on each other. Focus on the goals. As I am trying to think of encouraging things to say I think the best thing is to communicate how much we are supporting you. You are great friends and we love you both so much.
ReplyDeletePraying for and thinking about you lots! May God give you the strength and grace to get through this trip. Praying especially for safety and that you're able to find safe water and that tonight you both can get some good sleep.
ReplyDelete