Hello Everyone! Happy last week in October! I can't believe November is almost here!!! I will fully admit that I listened to Christmas music over the weekend. However, it was only through my Ipod as Brian doesn't let me listen to it until Thanksgiving. :) I just can't stand to wait...I love Christmas and everything about it.
Again, I would like to start off with saying a big thank you to one of my childhood friends, Trisha, who came and stayed with us this past weekend and helped me to my appointment on Monday. It was so wonderful to see her and to catch up. We were blessed beyond measure by her generosity as she not only helped with things around the house, but also cooked Brian enough home-cooked meals until January. What a precious gift. Thank you girl for being so willing to be used by the Lord. I enjoyed our time so much!
We have had some praises! Yay! From last week when I wrote to today, my liver enzymes have gone down considerably. Praise the Lord!! I haven't ever seen them go down so fast, so I know it was all of your prayers. Thank you so much! God is so good. I have a little more to go before we reach normal, but they are drastically improved. I am doing IV Vitamin C through the weekend and also gultathione pushes through my IV. Both of those help me detox a ton. In fact, it helped me detox so much that on Sunday, I actually was able to be up and about for a couple of hours helping Trisha cook a bit and I also wasn't bothered by the cooking smells which usually make me pretty sick.
We are hoping this is the beginning of my chemical sensitivities improving. We can see small baby steps of improvement and we are encouraged. We have tiny set backs, and the four days I do antibiotic treatment each week are still really tough to get through. However, I am noticing it isn't hitting me as hard as it was a couple of weeks ago. It seems that my body is adjusting and also that the bugs are getting killed!
I have tried quite a few new foods in the last week or so. We had some unsuccessful experiences and some successful ones. The foods that I have been able to add are yogurt, olives, onions, eggs and asparagus. Also, I have been allowed to add back in some milk products, so I can now eat cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese sparingly. I can't eat those too much because it feeds the bad bacteria that the antibiotics are causing to grow. That's another reason why I haven't gotten back to drinking milk because there is a lot of sugar in it, but it's fun to add these other things in even if I don't get to eat them very much. Lentils are actually tolerable with onions in them; however, notice I say tolerable and not delicious. ;) Not sure if those will ever be delicious. :)
So, all in all it has been a good week. Please keep praying for my liver enzymes to go back to normal and also the Candida issue. Also, if you could be praying for peace and our endurance, we would appreciate it. The meds are working, we can tell, but it's a long process. We are about 2 months in on a long journey, and some days it gets pretty emotional and tough. So, we would appreciate it the prayers. Have a great weekend! I'll post again next week! :)
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





This is so amazing Dawn. God is blessing you in so many ways..it gives me hope. Keep telling your story girl, because through it you are inspiring and encouraging many. I love you Sis! Hang in there...you'll reap all of the benefits and more!
ReplyDeleteCandice
Thought of you the other day when we ate a delicious lentil soup! Yes, it's better when you can put onion, garlic, and seasonings! We usually put celery and carrot (blended small in the food processor). We cook them in chicken broth too to give more flavor. I'm so glad to hear you've been able to add in a few more foods!
ReplyDelete