Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!

I thought I would write an update, so that I could wish everyone a Merry Christmas at the same time! I hope that all of you were able to make it to your family's homes for the holidays. We've heard of some crazy weather conditions on the East Coast and in the Midwest. Stay safe!

Brian has finally graduated! Yay!! I am so proud of him. He graduated with a 4.0 while taking care of our household and dealing with all of my crazy Lyme Disease issues. He is quite brilliant if I do say so myself. :) He also received an academic achievement award from the University of Arizona. He is one of the top 100 graduates from the business college. That was so special, and he deserved it as he worked so hard. Brian's official start date at his accounting firm is January 11th; however, during the first week in January he will be going in periodically to do training. He is really excited at what is to come!

Starting on Wednesday, December 16th, I had another round of treatment. The treatment segment was a little worse than last time. It seems the further we get into treatment the more we are disturbing these "little bugs", okay maybe I should call them "little destructive bugs" because of how much havoc they have reaped in my body. Wednesday wasn't too bad, but Friday through Monday were a struggle. The joint pain was pretty intense at some points, and the nausea/vertigo was back with a vengeance. On Friday, I had to have my routine "safety draw". That is where I have to give blood so that they can check to make sure my body is handling the treatment. I was pretty sick when we went, and we prayed our way through as I didn't want to pass out in the process. I'm pretty sure the clinic wouldn't want that as a present this holiday season. :) Praise the Lord, I made it too the clinic and then back home to my bed without any major issues. My sensitivities to food have also really flared up. It's probably a combination of this last round of treatment, our neighbors laundry (when they do loads of laundry our house smells like a laundromat :P ), and the smokers in our apartment complex (their cigarette smoke comes right through the cracks in the doors/windows and into our apartment). It also hasn't helped that I have been getting very little sleep because I have been struggling with insomnia again, and I have had to work at 5AM as a substitute tutor to Korean students for those that are on vacation. Needless to say, all of that is a recipe for an allergy flare-up.

We are actually praying right now to see if God will open up a door for us to possibly get into a house this spring. It would be such a blessing for us in so many ways including being able to control our environment better. A lot of things would have to fall into place including finances and the perfect house with all of my sensitivities, so we are just walking to see where God will lead. If you could join us in prayer about this, we would appreciate it. Also, another prayer request would be that I could get a phone appointment with my LLMD in January. My physician is in the middle of transitioning his practice to Washington DC along with dealing with his own family issues including a daughter who has leukemia and a wife with breast cancer. Please be in prayer for that family. Every time I think about them, my heart just breaks knowing what they are having to deal with right now. My LLMD does so much good for so many people and the issues they are facing are mind boggling. As a result of everything, they are having to juggle patients' appointments and space is limited. I have called a couple times and they have been booked, but I was told I was on a list. I am hoping I will be able to talk to him in January as that was when he wanted to meet and re-evaluate my treatment plan.

Well, that is all for now. Brian and I want to wish all of you a blessed Christmas. We hope and pray that you will have joy that only our Savior can bring. May the joy of Christ's birth radiate in your lives during this Holiday season and through 2010. Know that all of you are in our thoughts and prayers! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. So glad your last round of treatment was over before Christmas. Hope you were able to enjoy the day with your hubby.

    Congrats again on Brian's graduation and the start of a job. HOORAY! This is such a blessing.

    Take care. I am praying for you. Hugs, Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a house would really allow you to control your environment, no more smoke, laundry smells, etc! If you are considering something brand new, I don't know if you know much about off-gasing? I know a lot of new stuff has a new stuff smell, and new carpet especially lets off toxic gases for quite a while. Then again, older homes can have mold or other things. Probably you don't have many mold probs out there because it's dryer? I will be praying that whatever you find will be a perfect environment for you during this time of treatment. Glad you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like. We would love to hear from you! God Bless!