Hey Everyone! Well, I am excited to tell you that on Wednesday Brian received a job offer. It's from a local accounting firm in Tucson. What a blessing! They really liked Brian and actually offered the job to him the same day he interviewed. I am so proud of him! The firm gave him two weeks to make his decision, so our deadline is November 4th. That was a blessing too because it gives Brian a chance to finish up his other second interviews and await their decisions.
On Thursday, he had an interview with a national accounting firm in Phoenix. That interview also went very well. He had a lot in common with his interviewer as she was a christian, led worship at a church, had a daughter that went to college at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln and had a strong stance on the importance of leadership. Brian was able to talk about his experience and the studies he has done on that topic. This position is very competitive to obtain as we think there are about 18-25 candidates competing for only a couple of positions. They said they would be making their decision anywhere from the end of next week to the beginning of the following week. Waiting, waiting, waiting...I stink at it! :0)
We have not heard back about the last job possibility in Atlanta, however as these other opportunities have rolled in, we have started thinking that maybe at this time in our life, God is not going to move us in that direction. It's a little disappointing and it does make us wonder how we will get to my doctor, however the Lord is in control and knows all of those details. We are just praying that God will do His will in our lives wherever that may be. If you could please be praying about this job in Phoenix and that if we are supposed to go that direction, that the Lord will open up that opportunity. Both employers are wonderful, but I think at this point, Brian said he would maybe like the Grant Thornton opportunity a bit more. We shall see what the Lord does!
I want to reiterate at how proud I am of my husband. He has worked so hard for this new career. There was a time where he was working a full-time job (teaching), working a part-time job and taking 2 to 3 classes. He has also maintained a 4.0 GPA while dealing with all of the issues that go along with my illness. The sacrifices that he has to make on a daily basis and the number of things he has to juggle besides work (weekly shopping etc.) and school are enough to make anyone crazy, however he takes everything in stride and always has such a great attitude. He is such a servant! Even with everything we have had to go through in regards to my illness, he has remained a positive Christ-like leader for our family. I am so blessed to be given such a wonderful man as best friend and life partner. I love you Brian and I am so proud to be your wife!!
I don't have much of a health update except that I am still struggling with migraines at night and left over symptoms from this last round of treatment. I am unable to fall asleep before 2AM. Thankfully, my job is in the afternoon, so I have the ability to make up for the lost sleep, however I never feel rested. If you could be praying that things would subside and that sleep would come earlier, I would appreciate it!
Well, that's our update for now. We will let you know when we hear about the other job and our final decision. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





So glad your husband is able to have these opportunities and that he will be blessed with a job! Hope your health is improving, Dawn.
ReplyDeleteGod bless