Hello Everyone! It's Wednesday, whoops...I mean it's Tuesday. I get mixed up now that I am on Korean time most of the week because of my job. My week ends on US Thursday but it's Korea's Friday. So confusing! Thank goodness I have my trusty world clock/calendar on my cell phone. :)
Before I get to my update, I want to ask you guys to pray. Brian has two second interviews this week. One is tomorrow (Wednesday) and that is with a local Accounting Firm in Tucson called KLK. Well, that is their initials anyways. lol The second interview is on Thursday in Phoenix with Grant and Thornton. It looks like he was also chosen for a second interview for Pricewaterhousecoopers (crazy long name, right?) as he received a call last week from the recruiter saying she was waiting to hear back from the Atlanta office. If they don't have any openings, then hopefully he will get to interview at the Phoenix firm. We are waiting to hear on that one. Anyways, we are just leaving everything in the Lord's hands. If he wants us to go to Atlanta, then we are praying that a job will open up. However, if that opportunity does not arise then we are desperately praying that Brian will be able to get a job in Tucson or Phoenix. It's hard as we look at the future and know that we will have a HUGE income gap if the "what ifs" (that I am SO good at coming up with, lol) unfold. We are really learning what it means to give our entire future over to the Lord. We know that God will provide and we are praying that He will do so in the form of an accounting job for Brian. He has worked so hard at school and currently has a 4.0. I am so proud of him and I know without a doubt he will be an incredible employee. Please join with us in prayer that God will give Brian an offer at one of these places. Thank you in advance for being our prayer warriors!
Next, I want to thank so many of you for your kind words of encouragement that I received after my doctor's appointment. It was such a blessing and the Lord really used each one of you! I thank the Lord everyday for our friends and family also all of my dear friends that I have met who are also walking the Lyme Disease journey. We feel so blessed during times like these.
Okay, now for my treatment update. Treatment went okay this weekend. Not wonderful, but then again, I don't know if it ever will be wonderful, lol. I experienced quite a few strong herx reactions (pain in my bones and joints, dizziness, severe headaches, chills etc) and slept a lot. Every time it gets rough symptom-wise, I always tell myself that at least we know it's working!! However, I did not have the severe head pressure on Sunday that I had a couple of weeks ago. Yay!! What a blessing that was! I definitely do not ever want to feel that again! My doctor had said that I had experienced the worst as far as that reaction goes and he was right. I have been off treatment for two days now and I am still feeling quite a bit of the symptoms as the drugs stay in your system for awhile. Praise the Lord though, He is getting me through each one of my 4 hour work shifts. It's not easy, but I am making it! It's such a blessing to own a laptop and to be able to work from my bed. :0) If you could just pray that my headaches and symptoms for treatment disappear soon. Some of these headaches get to the migraine level and it's hard to work and study. Also, my allergy sensitivities to foods and my environment and also my asthma have seem to have flared up after this last treatment. If you could please pray that they would calm down soon.
If we do end up staying in Tucson or moving to Phoenix, we actually might be looking at traveling to CA to see some highly recommended specialists in the area of detox, hormones, thyroid, supplements, nutrition etc. Dr. J is amazing at aggressively treating Lyme Disease, but the other things I listed are not his specialty. It is important to get on a detox program when you are on treatment because as the Lyme bacteria is killed off it releases neurotoxins. If the toxins are not taken out of your body, you can actually become sicker. It's kind of like poison just circulating around. Anyways, I have had multiple people recommend a practice in CA that is amazing. In fact I know people who see both these doctors and Dr. J. They even have experience working with people who have chemical sensitivities. How crazy would that be...I would have doctors who are truly at opposite ends of the country. :P We are going to run into a car issue as our cars are getting old and have high mileage and we can't take them to Dr. J or the docs in CA. Renting a car is very difficult w/ my chemical sensitivities. However, I won't go into that yet because we aren't at the stage. Everything really just hinges on if and where Brian gets a job and as you can tell, we are desperately praying the "where" happens, lol.
Well, that is our update for now! Thank you again for your prayers. If we hear anything about the job stuff, I will make sure to update asap. I hope you have a great rest of the week!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading our blog! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like. We would love to hear from you! God Bless!