Hello everyone! Happy hot Summer!!! We are now up over 100 degrees almost every day. Yippee!! :0) Man, I am posting a lot more than I thought I would. lol I am starting to get addicted to this blog thing. Ha! I apologize ahead of time if you get bored cuz I don't have any pictures yet. I was thinking I will post some when we move so you can see our new place. And of course, when we go to SC to the see the Lyme Disease doctor, we will definitely take pictures of that trip as it will probably be one crazy adventure w/ all of my sensitivities. Life is never boring, that is for sure!!
Brian is done w/ finals!! Whoohoo! He did such a wonderful job. He got A's in 4 classes for sure and we are just waiting to hear on the last one. He has worked so hard and is excited to probably get to keep his 4.0! I am SO proud of him!! He now will just be working at the grocery store as many as hours as they can give him (pray that he will get lots!!). He is enjoying having a break when he is not working. I think it's the first time in years where he is not working two jobs and taking classes. :)
We had some praises recently!!! We got approved for our apartment and have a move in date of June 25th. I also had written my new doctor in SC about working w/ us long distance because I am so sensitive allergic-wise that it's hard for me to travel. I had talked to his office staff and they said that he usually likes to see you for the initial appointment and then see you back in 3 weeks to develop a treatment plan. Traveling for us (driving 30 hours)w/in a month w/ how sick I am is out of the question, so I had written him an e-mail to see if he would work my case. I got a response back from his assistant and he said he would definitely be willing to work with us at the first appointment. That is such a praise! It's going to be a long journey and it is great to know we will have his support. Another praise we had is that my work approved me for intermittent FMLA, which means I have been given 12 weeks to use over a period of a year if I am ill. I can take it all at once in the form of a leave or take it every so often when I am feeling rotten. What a relief to have that flexibility! I am going to try to save as much as I can for when I start treatment mid-July but am so thankful to know that my absences won't account towards my attendance.
We do have a couple of immediate prayer requests. If you could continue to pray for the apartment and that when we move I will have no problems in the new environment. Also, because of our down-sizing, it is going to enable to me to drop down to part-time. This is wonderful as I seem to do real well working the first part of my 10 hour shift, but the last part is very difficult. I am having a lot of trouble w/ random allergic reactions to things again and constantly have a lot of joint/bone pain because of Lyme. If you could just pray that I will be granted that shift change very soon, we would really appreciate it! Finally, Brian is going to be asking Fry's (where he works right now) if he can job shadow their accountant. He was unable to obtain an internship for this summer because of the economy, but would really like to get some experience. If you could pray that they would approve his request, that would be great!!
Well, I am going to sign off for now. Have a wonderful weekend!!
Blessings,
Dawn
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





You are right, the blogging thing really gets you hooked. I started out reading a couple friends' blogs, then I started my own, and now I have a whole slew of them I follow. Have you tried making tortillas yet?
ReplyDelete