Life should slow down pretty soon as I will only be working one job instead of two. It has been a big month for us. I will give you the run down. For the past couple of years, I have been teaching English to South Korean students virtually. Last summer, I was promoted to virtual trainer. In this position, I have been training new employees how to teach our students. I did this along with teaching English for two shifts. One of those shifts required me to get up at 4:30am every day! Yikes!
Anyways, I have not been looking for other jobs; however, during the first week in February, I got an e-mail asking me if I would like to interview for a vitual training position with one of the largest and well-respected virtual call centers in America. I was shocked! I had applied with them a couple years ago to be an agent (when I was looking for other employment). I hadn't heard anything. It's extremely difficult to get in with this company. Some people wait 4 years! My hubby and I prayed about it, and we felt like I should go through the interview process since God kind of dropped it in my lap.
The interviews went great, and I was offered the position. The hours are really flexible, and the compensation is amazing when you are training. Everyone I have come in contact with at the company has been wonderful! They are all former elementary/early childhood teachers. They all have such a passion for education and training. I also will have the opportunity to obtain a full-time training manager position in the future. After quite a bit of prayer, my husband and I decided this would be a perfect job for me. I finally get to use my master's degree to its potential. I am ecstatic!! This is what I have wanted to do for so long! It's amazing to me that I can go in at this level instead of starting out as a customer service agent (like most virtual companies require you to do).
So, I gave my two weeks at my current company, and I have been balancing two jobs. March 6th is my last day at my current company. Then, I will be able to focus on my new one. When I see what God has done in February, I am just in awe. His blessings truly abound! I wasn't even looking for something like this, but God had them find me! It still is contract work for now, so my hours will be pretty inconsistent. However, financially, the times when I am training will be enough to carry me during the down times. I am really praying that I will be offered a full-time position in the near future. They said with my experience I will be on the fast track. However, I have to be able to travel 8%, so I think, my MCS will be the main hurdle. God will work it out though!
Health-wise, I am still doing very well. It will be so good for my body not to have to get up at 4:30am. I want to start working out every day. I still have had no lyme or co-infection symptoms! We are just in awe of how God healed me from those infections. We believe that it was a miraculous healing because there is NO way that I could have successfully made that step in the fall. We are praising the Lord for His grace and mercy! It brings tears to my eyes as I think where I was last fall and now where I am today. All glory to him!!!
I am still battling MCS and allergies, but they are not as bad as they used to be. Also, God healed my body gallbladder issue so I was able to avoid surgery and even the diagnostic test! God has just done so much. I wish I had all day to sit here and type all the ways God has moved in our lives lately. I didn't think I ever thought this day would come! I always believed that God could heal, but I wasn't sure what God's plans were for us. My mindset for so long was that I knew he could heal, but I wasn't sure that he would heal my body. I am so glad we didn't give up storming the gates of heaven! We are blessed with the opportunity to be able to testify to God's healing power! We are still working on getting my MCS to improve and balancing my hormones, but after everything God has done, I have no doubt that the Lord can heal these last two areas!
Brian is doing very well. He is extremely busy, but so talented at his job. Once he finishes up his last class (he has one final left), and he obtains his CPA license, he wants to serve on the worship team at our local church. We hope that day will come quickly! This last class Brian is taking is very very difficult. In fact, people who take the CPA exam and pass it on the first try struggle to get a C. The teacher is not very good, and she does not write the tests fairly. You could study the textbook and know every ounce of it, but the test will contain a ton of information that was not covered. Please be praying he will pass this class! He has been working so hard, and it would such a blessing for him to be able to be finally done!
We are so excited to see what God will do with our future! For awhile now, Brian and I have been praying about writing a book about our experience. Our journey has been long and crazy, but we can testify firsthand to God's faithfulness and his provision. If God chooses to use our story to help encourage others, we want to walk through that door! We also hope to be able to get involved in a church and get back into ministry. That is our heart's desire. Brian can do it, but I need my MCS to improve. So, we are praying for complete healing in this area!
That's our update! Thanks for praying and walking this journey with us! We appreciate all of the support we have received! Please continue to pray for all of my precious friends who are still very sick with Lyme and co-infections. Please praying that God would work supernaturally in their lives, and that they could be victorious! Blessings to you friends!
Below is a song that has been so encouraging to us lately. Remember, to listen to it, you will have to push pause on my music player at the bottom of this blog.





Dawn - so exciting to hear about what God is doing in your life! Wishing you all the best in this new endeavor with lots of prayers for the MCS to subside.
ReplyDeleteHi Dawn! I couldn't find your email address or a link on here. and...I'm not on fb until after Easter. Anyways....wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! hope you are doing well. praying for you and continued healing.
ReplyDeleteThea