Monday, December 20, 2010

MeRrY ChRiStMaS

Christmas is almost here! I am so excited.  I love this time of the year because it's such a reminder of God's overwhelming love that He has for us.  He humbled Himself to come to earth in the form of a precious baby knowing how His life would end, but knowing our great need for a Savior.  We don't deserve one small tiny ounce of this gift, but it's offered to each of us with no strings attached. It is my prayer that those who believe in Christ Jesus will experience His presence in a new way.  It is also my prayer that those that don't know the Savior will see their need and will meet him so that this Christmas will be the beginning of new life.

I will give you a quick health update.  We have been battling my liver enzymes, but it seems like they are on the downward slope.  The week that I didn't take any antibiotics (to give my liver the best chance of recovering), caused me to go downhill pretty fast in the area of my chemical/food sensitivities and also cognitively.  We decided to not take another week off completely, so I only took amoxicillin and thankfully, that helped turn things around a bit.  We were able to restart azithromycin this week; however, we are struggling to find things that I can tolerate to help my liver detox which is the cause for the increase.  I react to milk thistle and Advaclear from Metagenix.  I have been able to tolerate the Pekana Labs Detox system, Amino D-tox, and we are going to try apple pectin.  However, if any of you have any other low-allergen ideas that would help my liver detox, let me know!

Some prayer requests for us...
  • Please keep praying that my liver enzymes would go down and STAY down. 
  • Brian and I are trying to locate a local physician to take care of regular health stuff and also to be a point of contact in an emergency in Tucson.  We have yet to find anyone that doesn't run when they hear the word Lyme Disease or flat out refuse to even see me once they see those "words" on my paperwork. We have a couple of leads, so we are desperately praying that one will work out.  It's hard for me to go to a lot of appointments and places these days, so the quicker we find someone the better.
  • Brian and I are taking a trip to San Francisco, CA.  I can't share a lot about it right now, but we would appreciate your prayers.  Traveling is really difficult for us, but God has opened up a door and we feel like we need to walk through it.  We will leave REALLY early on Dec. 26th and will get back on Dec. 28th.  Please pray that my body will remain stable and that I will be able to stay in the hotel without any allergic reactions or problems.  In about two weeks, I will be able to share with you a TON more. :)  Right now, we would just appreciate your prayers.
  • Please be praying for Brian's health.  He seems to be on the edge of getting sick which comes with all the pressure he must carry between work, school, studying for the CPA exam and all of the household duties.  Every time I think about all that He does, I am so amazed at what an incredible man I married! Thank you Jesus for such a wonderful gift!  Please also be praying that he will get some quality studying done.  It's been hard for him over the holidays with family coming and lots of other responsibilities. 
Thank you for praying! We hope that you will have a wonderful Christmas with your friends and family.  May God bless you abundantly as you celebrate Christ's birth, and as you begin the New Year! See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you as well. I am sending love your way. San Francisco is beautiful. If you can at least ride a trolly, do so. The area is amazing. My husband and I went on our anniversary a year or two before I got really ill.

    May I say a prayer for you?

    Dear Lord,

    Our Father in heaven, maker of heaven and of earth, we bow before you to ask for healing for Dawn. We ask that her immune system will begin to strengthen. We ask that her all her allergies and senstivities will begin to diminish. Just heal her body, Lord. May she become strong and even a greater witness for you. Lord, I admire her commitment and strength in You.

    I pray for Brian, for strength and comfort, for clarity of mind in helping Dawn through this. We thank You, Lord, for him. For his commitment to his wife. I know things can get tough; but I ask that in those times, your Holy Spirit will fill him to strengthen his soul and guide him as he helps guide Dawn.

    Lord, I thank you for this wonderful couple. I ask that you will be with them on their trip to San Fran. I understand the difficulty in traveling. You have to bring your entire life with you and it can be so difficult. Just be with them, Lord. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am and will be praying about all of these issues, even as your friend Marti prayed.
    O lord, You are Brian and Dawn's stronghold and fortress, their strong deliverer and sustainer. Guide and direct them and give them rest and healing. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn,

    I discovered your blog a couple weeks ago after the Chicago Tribune piece, and I've really enjoyed reading it. Your faith is really encouraging, and I love the music you have streaming :)

    Anyway, I wanted to let you know I'm praying for you even though we've never met. I know the pain of Lyme Disease and I hope that you experience God's healing soon.

    Merry (belated) Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! So I know we don't know each other but I came across your site a couple of months ago and have been watching for updates but there never were any. Well, finally yesterday I was thinking about you and I decided that I should come over and see if I could message you to see if you were ok. Well, I got here and realized that I had favorited that one page, not your blog exactly. (Lyme brain!) Anyway, I had a mix of emontion to realize that I had been missing out and worried but was relived that you are still kicking at least! :)
    I just want to say that it is refreshing to "meet" somebody else that has this disease that is a Christian and is going through it with a Christian outlook!!
    I don't know if this is all making sense, my brain is betraying me at the moment.
    God Bess you as you continue on this journey! We are survivors!! {{hugs and prayers}}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like. We would love to hear from you! God Bless!