Hi! I know it has not been that long since I made my last blog post, but I felt God lay something on my heart, and I want to share it with you. If you have not read our latest update, you can access it here: We have a date!
As you know, this illness has been pretty isolating for Brian and I. However, thanks to the internet, I have come into contact with so many dear friends who are also suffering from Lyme Disease and other conditions/co-infections. It is amazing to me how through the gift of technology, we have all connected. These are wonderful people who suffer daily from the devastating effects of this disease. Their physical struggles are intense and often painful, and the emotional and mental effects of the isolation and the never-ending struggle to search for a cure sometimes becomes too much to take. Many of these individuals were healthy to begin with and then had their life suddenly stripped from them. Some were taken out of ministry, some were taken away from their families being too ill to participate in day to day activities and some have had family and friends leave them after the battle for health goes on "too long".
My heart breaks for everyone of these precious people. Many of them have seen some of the top doctors all over the country only to remain ill and unable to enjoy the world before them. Their financial resources are being drained as they try to seek help and insurances refuse to pay for the necessary treatment. Let me share with you about the lives of some of these people...
I know of one blog about a family who has 5 people with Lyme Disease. They look at each paycheck and most of it goes to medication. They have to pick and choose what drugs they use depending on what they can afford that month instead of being able to do whatever is required to get their family well.
I know of another precious girl (who I have adopted as my younger sister :) ) whose physical struggle would boggle your mind. She has MCS like me, but struggles daily for survival. Her blood pressure is unstable and drops to the point where people in the room seem distant. Her financial resources are almost gone and she is wondering how she will stay alive without the food and medicine that she so desperately needs. Yet, through it all, she is positive, encouraging to others and is always willing to help in any way she can.
I have another wonderful friend who has Lyme along with her husband. They were high school sweethearts and married young. She was to become a nurse, but then was bitten by a tick. Things quickly went downhill. At her worst she was suffering from daily seizures, trouble communicating, extreme pain and the inability to walk. At the same time, her husband suffered form horrible fatigue and migraine headaches. Both of them are in treatment now and are improving. However, through it all, their faith has ministered to my husband and I so much. I have never met anyone like them.
I know of two incredible ladies who have become like second Mothers to me. They have been battling this disease for years and are tired. They have had to watch what it has done to their families. One of them has been through more medical tests then the average person experiences during his/her lifetime. I personally know that she yearns for heaven and for the Lord to take her every day. Both of their faiths are so strong, and they encourage so many people despite their limitations, but the battle gets tough and some days are harder to get through then others.
I know of another girl who has Lyme and just delivered a baby. Her pregnancy was very difficult as she struggled to make it through the Lyme symptoms that seemed to increase the closer it got to her due date. She suffered from small seizures, muscle twitching, fatigue and pain. She should have been able to enjoy every moment of her pregnancy, but instead she was researching whether or not to get her baby tested for Lyme Disease as it can be transferred congenitally. Her precious baby just arrived and they are enjoying him tremendously; however, I am sure in the back of their minds they are wondering if their son will have to face this same battle. Also, now that she is done with her pregnancy, she is heading back into treatment.
These are just a few examples of what this disease does to the individuals who it attacks and to the families that it hits. I have such a burden for all of these people. I pray for them all daily. There is such a need for Lyme Disease research; accurate tests need to be developed and treatments need to be perfected. Our communities, states and world need to wake-up to the fact that there is a disease out there destroying lives and nothing is being done about it. Please be in prayer for the Lyme Disease community. The physical, emotional and mental pain that this disease causes exceeds what I can adequately portray in this post. Please join with me in prayer....
"Father God, I pray for those who have Lyme Disease. God, I pray that you would touch them and let them know that you are there for them. I pray that you would give them relief from the physical, emotional and mental struggles that they battle each day. Please reveal yourself to them in a new way. I pray for the doctors who are not ashamed or fearful to help these patients. I pray that you would protect them so that they can keep practicing. I pray that you would give them wisdom on how to help their patients reach a state of wellness and that they would have the courage to press on when they face adversity. God, I pray for the families that are suffering. I pray for the mothers and fathers who are too ill to take care or be there for their children. I pray that the children would understand and that their extended relatives and friends would rally around them for the long journey. Lord touch the children who suffer also. Help those that are too young to understand, to feel comforted. Help those who are young to know that your purpose is great. Jesus touch all of these hurting people. Give them the strength to not give up. Help them to cling to you when it gets tough. Bless them abundantly. In your name...."
Below is a video of a song by Britt Nicole. I was reminded of this song the other day. It is amazing to me at how accurately it depicts the life of those who suffer from this disease. Jesus, it is our prayer that you will "Have Your Way". Remember, to listen to the song, you will need to push pause on the music player at the bottom of my blog.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Thank you for praying. I could use prayers right now. Lyme has really got me down right now. I can't seem to stop crying this past few days
ReplyDeleteAmen - those you mentioned and those you did not all appreciate this powerful prayer! I join in with you in the name of Jesus.
ReplyDeleteThank you for this beautiful post. I'm sitting here crying and praying with you. Love and {{hugs}} and may the Lord pour out his blessings upon you and Brian. :-)
ReplyDeleteI, too, am praying with you Dawn. There are too many suffering from this. Your post is a reminder that we are not alone...and that we all need to unite in prayer for changes to come to pass with this terrible disease...God bless.
ReplyDeleteDawn, That was a beautiful prayer. Thank you for sharing your heart!
ReplyDeleteDawn, boy, did i need that prayer this week. I've been so down lately just knowing that my 3 little girls might fight this battle soon. It will be more than my weak heart can bear. It's people like you that help me feel less alone, and remember that God is with me.
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful for your upcoming appts and your new lyme doc. She seems awesome.
love, brandi