Thursday, February 4, 2010

Moving Ahead

Hi! Well, I wanted to write an update, but it won't be very big because not much has changed. We are moving ahead in the house purchase. Yay! Our inspection went well, and our appraisal came back for our purchase price. What a relief! That was a major milestone to pass because of the declining housing market. We were a little concerned that the house wasn't going to appraise for our purchase price, but God came through! :) So, our loan has been sent to underwriting, and we are set to close on February 25th. How exciting!! Since Brian is in the middle of his 90 day probationary period at his job, we will need an "at-a-boy" letter (that is what our mortgage broker calls it, lol), but it looks like that is the last piece of the puzzle. We have decided to paint now before we move in at the end of March because currently our house is done in flat paint which is known to off gas for years. By painting with our No VOC paint, it will seal up the walls. So, we are in the middle of picking colors and getting the painter scheduled. Oh, the decisions, but they are so much fun!

Health-wise, I am doing a little better since my last treatment, but I still have never recovered fully. I am still struggling with a lot of the same left-over symptoms. I wonder if this is a picture of what's to come. Thankfully, the Lord is in control, and I know that He will sustain me. I am set to do another treatment round starting next Tuesday. I will update after I finish with that round. My sleep schedule is still messed up, but I will be starting a new medication to help me. Our prayer is that I won't react to it, and that it will work. Lately, I have been able to fall asleep about midnight (which is wonderful!!) for two days in a row, but then on the third day I don't fall asleep until 5AM (not so wonderful!!). So, we are praying that this medication will make a difference as sleep is very important in the healing process.

Well, that is all for now. Sorry, I don't have too much to report. We are just leaning on God and "moving ahead" one step at a time. :)

1 comment:

Thanks for reading our blog! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like. We would love to hear from you! God Bless!